About the FFA Historical and Ag Museum

The FFA Historical & Ag Museum
408 Main Street

Founded in 1970 by the La Porte City FFA Chapter, the Museum was located in the City’s historic Fire Station and Jailhouse on Chestnut Street. This building was granted status as a National Historic Site in 1976 and was turned over to the City of La Porte City. In 2001, the City purchased a building on Main Street which was renovated and is now the main home of the Museum. This current site has more than 8,000 square feet of display space for exhibits that are changed each year.

The Rural Iowa Heritage Center
413 Chestnut Street

This site is dedicated to celebrating the life of pioneer families, rural communities, and agriculture. It tells the story of their contributions in forging our great State and nation. It features a historic Fire Station and Jailhouse, an original 1861 subsistence Log Cabin and a monarch way station.

The Museum continues to earn its reputation for educational and innovative exhibits that are designed for guest of all ages.

Museum Board Members
Angie Hutton President – 2021
Theresa Renaud Secretary - 2020
Sherry Sheffler - 2019
Dean Bostian - 2018
Debbie Yordt - 2021
Eric Coulter - 2017
FFA Advisor Louis Beck - open ended